Saturday, May 16, 2015

Tri-mantra

I saw this for the first time today. It summarizes the tri community perfectly in my opinion and is why so many (including me) are drawn to the sport...

"Tri-mantra" By Oliver Blanchard

In my world
the water is cold
the wind is hard
and the road never ends.

In my world
there are no losers.
Only competitors
still on their way
and spectators
waiting to be inspired.

In my world
victory is not weighed in gold
but in determination and courage.

In my world
there are no boundaries
no limits
there is no end.
Every day is the last day of my life...
and the first.

In my world
the word "can't" does not exist
and nothing is impossible.

1 comment:

  1. When I think of triathlons, I think the 3rd paragraph. I love it. The first one though; I live that every day when I ride to work.

    ReplyDelete